Thursday 27 February 2014

Dad's Boozy Ice Cream

 I have called this my Dad's recipe, because my Mum says it is so easy that he can make it ... and he does!  Originally my Mum clipped this recipe from a magazine, but I don't know which one.

2oz caster sugar
2tbsps rum or whiskey
finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
0.5pint double cream
2oz raisins
6 glace cherries, quartered
2oz meringue, broken into small pieces.

1.  Place sugar, alcohol, lemon juice and cream in a large bowl and whisk until thick.
2.  Fold in lemon rind, raisins, cherries and meringue.
3.  Turn mixture into a pudding basin and freeze.  I lined my basin with cling film, but you can skip this and when ready to serve dip bowl in hot water.
 To serve, unmould and slice like a cake. Serves 6.

 I also tweaked the recipe for a second pudding and instead of using the raisins and cherries, I substituted some homemade mincemeat and replaced the rum/whiskey with brandy to match the alcohol in the mincemeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment